China, Mongolia Plan To Jointly Build New Highway For Coal Transportation

HOHHOT, Oct 5 (Bernama) -- A new highway linking China and Mongolia will be jointly built by the two countries, is expected to improve coal transportation as well as promote economic development in both nations, Xinhua said Tuesday citing a spokesperson as saying.

The 245 kilometres highway, costing 2.51 billion yuan investment (around US$375 million) will run from Mongolia's southwest Omnogovi Aymag Province to Ganqimaodu, a border town in China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.

Two firms from China and Mongolia plan to set up a joint venture to be the main builder of the highway. The Mongolia firm will own 51 percent of the joint venture while the China firm the remaining 49 percent.

Construction of the highway is scheduled to be completed in two years, the official said, adding that the project plan had been submitted to the authorities of the two countries respectively.

Trade between China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and Mongolia reached US$5.33 billion and jumped 33.5 percent year on year over the first eight months of this year.

As of Sept 22, around 5.24 million tonnes of coal had been transported to China via Ganqimaodu.

Source:Malaysian News Agency BERNAMA


Post a Comment

Facebook page

Powered by Blogger.


Advertising in Mongolia An Culture Editorial of the Mongolianviews education Environmental protection Famous Mongolians Foreigners in Mongolia Inner Mongolia Ivanhoe Mines Mongolia agriculture Mongolia analysis Mongolia and Australia Mongolia and Belorussia Mongolia and Cambodia Mongolia and Canada Mongolia and central Asia Mongolia and China Mongolia and Cuba Mongolia and EU Mongolia and Germany Mongolia and Hongkong Mongolia and Hungary Mongolia and India Mongolia and Inner Mongolia Mongolia and Iran Mongolia and Israel Mongolia and Italy Mongolia and Japan Mongolia and Kazakhstan Mongolia and Korea Mongolia and Kuwait Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan Mongolia and Malaysia Mongolia and Nato Mongolia and North Korean Mongolia and Poland Mongolia and Russia Mongolia and Singapore Mongolia and South Korea Mongolia and Taiwan Mongolia and the world Mongolia and Tibet Mongolia and Turkey Mongolia and UK Mongolia and Ukraine Mongolia and UN Mongolia and US Mongolia and USA Mongolia and Vietnam Mongolia Banking Mongolia civic society Mongolia crime Mongolia diplomacy Mongolia Economy Mongolia Education Mongolia Energy Mongolia Finance Mongolia Health Mongolia History Mongolia holiday Mongolia in international media Mongolia Industries Mongolia Joke Mongolia law Mongolia LGBT Mongolia medical Mongolia military Mongolia Mining Mongolia Mining Developments Mongolia Mortgage Mongolia natural disaster Mongolia Petroleum Mongolia public announcements Mongolia railways Mongolia Religion Mongolia society Mongolia Sports Mongolia Stamp Mongolia telecommunication Mongolia tourism Mongolia Urbanization Mongolia Wild Life Mongolian Agriculture Mongolian Archeology Mongolian Food Mongolian Gay Mongolian Government news Mongolian History Mongolian Military Mongolian Mining Development Mongolian Movie Mongolian News Mongolian Parliament Mongolian Political news Mongolian Press Mongolian Songs Mongolian Women Mongolian Youth Mongolians abroad Moninfo Opinion Oyu Tolgoi Investment Agreement Photo news Press Release Rio Tinto Tavan Tolgoi coal mine Ulaanbaatar development Weird expatriates in Mongolia

Blog Archive