SMG to set up tertiary hospital in Mongolia

SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE Medical Group (SMG) has announced its intention to establish a joint venture for a multi-disciplinary tertiary hospital in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia with Chono Corporation.

The SGX-listed healthcare services company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chono Corporation yesterday. Chono is a private investment holding company incorporated in Mongolia which manages portfolios in several areas, including international trade, hospitality services, investment banking and fund management. Under the MoU, SMG will hold a 75 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Chono will hold the remaining 25 per cent stake. Three of the five directors on the Board of Directors of the joint venture company will be from SMG, while the remaining two directors will be from Chono.

The MoU aims to establish a flagship multi-disciplinary tertiary hospital in Ulaanbaatar. About 15 satellite family medicine clinics and mini-hospitals will be set up around the city and country after the flagship hospital is established.

SMG currently has 18 operating subsidiaries and partners in Singapore and overseas.

Dr Jadamba Tsolmon, Mongolian Vice-Minister of Health said, "Mongolia is in need of a good tertiary hospital and Singapore medicine is highly regarded internationally. Each year, Mongolians spend a lot of money seeking medical treatments overseas. Singapore Medical Group's interest in Mongolia is in line with the Mongolian Government's plan for the development of the healthcare sector. Teaming up with Singapore Medical Group will help elevate the standard and profile of Mongolian healthcare."

Mr Enkhboldsodon Tumurkhuyag, President of Chono added, "It is our opinion that Singapore Medical Group is a fundamentally sound healthcare provider and is a well-run healthcare group in Singapore... Mongolia is fast changing and as you know with change brings much opportunity and also an ever increasing demand for better healthcare."

Mr Felix Huang, Executive Chairman of SMG said, "We are extremely excited to work with Chono Corporation to establish a world-class tertiary multi-disciplinary facility in Ulaanbaatar, and we aim to offer the best standards of quality healthcare services to Mongolians.

"A Pan-Asian presence will open up a large potential market as Asians increase their awareness of the pivotal importance of good preventive and curative healthcare. We believe that this strategy will be instrumental to making our international footprint in Pan-Asia, which is the next phase of growth for the Group. Our entry into Mongolia is testament to the robust pace with which we aim to expand within the Pan-Asian region," added Mr Huang.
source: http://health.asiaone.com
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook page

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Advertising in Mongolia An Culture Editorial of the Mongolianviews education Environmental protection Famous Mongolians Foreigners in Mongolia Inner Mongolia Ivanhoe Mines Mongolia agriculture Mongolia analysis Mongolia and Australia Mongolia and Belorussia Mongolia and Cambodia Mongolia and Canada Mongolia and central Asia Mongolia and China Mongolia and Cuba Mongolia and EU Mongolia and Germany Mongolia and Hongkong Mongolia and Hungary Mongolia and India Mongolia and Inner Mongolia Mongolia and Iran Mongolia and Italy Mongolia and Japan Mongolia and Kazakhstan Mongolia and Korea Mongolia and Kuwait Mongolia and Malaysia Mongolia and Nato Mongolia and North Korean Mongolia and Poland Mongolia and Russia Mongolia and Singapore Mongolia and South Korea Mongolia and Taiwan Mongolia and the world Mongolia and Tibet Mongolia and Turkey Mongolia and UK Mongolia and Ukraine Mongolia and UN Mongolia and USA Mongolia and Vietnam Mongolia Banking Mongolia civic society Mongolia crime Mongolia diplomacy Mongolia Economy Mongolia Education Mongolia Energy Mongolia Finance Mongolia Health Mongolia History Mongolia holiday Mongolia in international media Mongolia Industries Mongolia Joke Mongolia law Mongolia LGBT Mongolia medical Mongolia military Mongolia Mining Mongolia Mining Developments Mongolia Mortgage Mongolia natural disaster Mongolia Petroleum Mongolia public announcements Mongolia railways Mongolia Religion Mongolia society Mongolia Sports Mongolia Stamp Mongolia telecommunication Mongolia tourism Mongolia Urbanization Mongolia Wild Life Mongolian Agriculture Mongolian Archeology Mongolian Food Mongolian Gay Mongolian Government news Mongolian History Mongolian Military Mongolian Mining Development Mongolian Movie Mongolian News Mongolian Parliament Mongolian Political news Mongolian Press Mongolian Songs Mongolian Women Mongolian Youth Mongolians abroad Moninfo Opinion Oyu Tolgoi Investment Agreement Photo news Press Release Rio Tinto Tavan Tolgoi coal mine Ulaanbaatar development Weird expatriates in Mongolia

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Traffic